callin cooks from all over the world
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Spinach Bake

2 posters

Go down

Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Spinach Bake Empty Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Spinach Bake

Post  Cooking Asshole Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:47 pm

"Vegetables!?!? Gross dude." Hold on a minute let's not pre-judge. What about vegetables covered in cheezy creamy delight? Starting to sound better? You best make vegetables a regular part of your cuisine because vegetables turn chicks on and this is the perfect way to prepare them. Let's begin:

Start by tossing ~2c Cauliflower and ~2c Broccoli with some vegetable oil, kosher salt, pepper, and a couple minced garlic cloves. Put on baking sheet and cook at 350 deg for like 10 min or so. This adds ALL the flavor to the dish so don't think you can skip this step you lazy sack of crap.

Now melt 6tbl butter over med-low heat and then whisk in 1/4c flour. For more detail on this first step see the "scalloped potatoes" recipe. Slowly stream in 1 1/3c milk and simmer for 3 min.

Remove from heat and toss in some spinach (~10oz) and 2/3c parmesan. I usually use the ghetto crap but you can grate it fresh and I am sure it will taste better. However I am pretty certain you don't even know what ungrated parmesan looks like.

Stir in the broccoli and cauliflower and put the whole shebang into a shallow casserole dish. Throw that bitch in the oven at 350 deg for 25min. If you want, at this stage you can toss it in the fridge for up to 6 hrs. But if you do that be sure to cook it for 35 min. Why? Because it's cold now stupid.

Ta-Da! Vegetables a la good. Enjoy your healthy well rounded meal and don't forget to mention how it's all organic and free range in addition to being low-fat.
Cooking Asshole
Cooking Asshole

http://www.cookingforassholes.com

Back to top Go down

Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Spinach Bake Empty Re: Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Spinach Bake

Post  SomeBoy Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:05 pm

I personally like natural foods, broccoli is one of the bests. Who is with me?Very Happy
-------------------
Online ice makers Store

SomeBoy

Back to top Go down