callin cooks from all over the world
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fire and Ice Pickles

Go down

Fire and Ice Pickles Empty Fire and Ice Pickles

Post  Admin Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:59 pm

Fire and Ice Pickles

1 gallon jar sliced dill pickles(plain hamburger dills)
1 4 OR 5 lb. bag of sugar
Tabasco Sauce or Louisiana Hot Sauce
Garlic cloves or jarred minced garlic

Take lid off pickles and pour off all the juice. (Just what will drain off easily, they don't have to be drained completely dry). Into pickles in jar, pour all of the 4 lb. bag of sugar OR most of the 5 lb. bag. (Do NOT use both bags of sugar.)
Put in 3 or 4 cloves of garlic or if using minced garlic use about 3 TBSP. Add hot sauce to taste depending on how spicy you want them. Louisiana Hot sauce is not as strong as Tabasco so it will take more of it, about twice as much. I do not like really hot spicy food so I use about 2 TBSP. Tabasco sauce.

Put lid back on gallon jar tightly and shake it up so ingredients mix in with pickle slices. You will need to do this shaking several times during the next 24 to 48 hours. Do not refrigerate for that long so the flavors can blend at room temperature and the sugar can dissolve more easily and make juice for the pickles. After a day or two when the sugar has dissolved, refrigerate the pickles so they will stay fresh longer and be crisper.

You can make these with quart size jar of sliced dill pickles, but you will have to reduce the other ingredients proportionately.

The amount of hot sauce, garlic and to a certain degree, the sugar that you use can be adjusted to your taste. For the garlic and hot sauce, start out with minimum amount and add more if you think they need it after they have set long enough to test.

I have made these and the whole gallon jar be gone in no time. the neighbors boy friend carried a fork in his hand to stab people that tried to get them from him. They sound weird but are great.

Admin
Admin

https://cooksworldwide.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down