callin cooks from all over the world
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kolachis New York Style

Go down

Kolachis New York Style Empty Kolachis New York Style

Post  Admin Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:08 pm

Kolachis New York Style

1 pound butter (may substitute margarine)
1 pound of creme cheese -
5 cups of flour
Mix these 3 ingredients as you would a pie crust. You may need to work it with your hands to completely get it mixed. Split this dough into 3 sections and wrap in wax paper in the refrigerator. Cool for one hour minimum.

While the dough is cooling make a nice stiff frosting. Use confectioners sugar, some milk and crushed walnuts on stove top. You want this frosting to be very stiff. Remove frosting from stove.

Take one package of dough and break off a section. Roll this section out with confect. sugar until paper thin. Using a butter knife make 2 to 3" squares. At one corner of each square; put a dab of frosting; roll from corner to corner and pinch of. Place the rolled cookie on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Another filling is prunes. I know that this sounds yucky but trust me they are delicious. I used to buy the prune filling but can't find it in Tucson so I cook prunes; take out the pits; and whip until a pulp like mixture. Many fillings are available however. The fillings are named Solo and are found in most stores. Apricot, cherry etc.

I use a lot of confectionary sugar by the time that this recipe is complete. The kolachis make 5 or 6 dozen. I bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 mins. Keep an eye on them and don't let them get brown; just around the bottom. Do not over bake.

Admin
Admin

https://cooksworldwide.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down